piatok 7. januára 2011

Atom - software

A brief followup on the software installed on my Atom PC.
I already mentioned Munin, a great monitoring software, very easy to setup. Even though there is quite a few plugins available in the Debian Lenny package, I have added and/or modified some (openssh, apache_accesses - with added SSL support, enabled graphing for apt).
Ever since I started sshd on port 22, I noticed some password guessing attacks, mostly for root, but also for oracle, guest, test, support, squid, svn. I tried to limit the number of connections via iptables as described here and here. Currently I am testing denyhosts.
I have also installed Apache2 with SSL, subversion, WebSVN (I originally wanted to use Insurrection but failed to configure it).

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára